Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: RIP Old Tobe

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I ran into Quincy yesterday at the hospital, and assumed it was because of his brother's surgery. He then told me the news also of Toby's death. I hated to hear this so greatly, but thankfully he did get squared away with God so he will have no pain again. My sympathies to his family and friends. I know there will be a void if I work a GC scrimmage of Toby getting onto me, and ribbin me a little out of fun. Thankfully I was able to meet him, and there is no doubt he will be greatly missed. RIP Tob.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #52
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    There's no doubt, there's a little more laughter in Heaven today. I'm tickled to death that he got his reservations before he left this world. We should all take comfort knowing that. Toby was a one of a kind individual. I wouldn't trade the years we spent together for any amount of money. Rest peacefully my friend.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  3. #53
    Inactive Member imported_2CRUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2006
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    THIS IS TRULY SAD,GUYS.MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY,FRIENDS,AND EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY WHO KNEW HIM.OUR FRIEND,OLETOB,HAS GONE HOME TO BE WITH THE ALMIGHTY.GOD BLESS,TOB,WE'LL ALL MISS YOU.
    CLASS OF '82, "PURPLE PRIDE" , THE DIFINITIVE "DUDE WITH AN ATTITUDE"

  4. #54
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Small tribute (besides putting RIP OleTob at the top of this message board), I changed the ModForum name to the OleTob Memorial Mod Forum. I know that others can't see or post there, but to the current and future mods, I feel like that we need to respect those who gave when/if something like this happens.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    God bless you Toby...May your peace in Christ give us strength to carry on in your absence. You'll be missed!
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  6. #56
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I know i'm not the only one that Tob touched,,, i never met him, but he and I exchanged several pm's over time... and he was always one to help, encourage and BE THERE FOR YOU..
    God Bless his family and friends,,, i'm sure he is still watching all of us...

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Big_Country's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Words can't express what tob meant to the community, many a practice and pre,post games i remember cutting up with tob. To many people he was the heart of gate city sports, but most importantly to me he was my friend, Godspeed my friend i will never forget ya.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    This is a hard one for me to take. Tob and I meet several years ago when we both started as mods on this forum. Tob was one of my best friends i ever had. But im glad to know tonight he is in the arms of God. My prayers go out to melissa, His family, His friends and all that knew tob. Rest in peace my friend.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    He was someone I could really play around with, and he wouldn't ban me. I pushed to the limits only to find out you couldn't push him far enough without him making you feel foolish. He knew his Blue Devil sports inside and out whereas I just nit-picked. I hope they honor him with a plaque or something at the fieldhouse or the school. Not many fans around that could match Toby.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Bettyboop's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2005
    Posts
    284
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I didn't know him, but yet, after he posted about his diagnosis, my heart went out to him. I don't remember reading any other of his posts. It got to me. I guess it was because he expressed his feelings at his darkest hour. Peace be with his family.
    :
    [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Betty725/d906_bBetty-Boop-Kiss-Posters.jpg[/img]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •